SavingStar is a new eCoupon service that will help you save at several of your favorite grocery and drug stores. You will start to see these coupons in the coupon match ups so go ahead and get signed up!
These eCoupons are a little different in that the savings will not come off your total at the time of purchase. Instead they will be put in a “savings account”. Once your account reaches $5 you can request a payout. This also means you can use these coupons with paper coupons!
Here is how it works:
- Register for a Free SavingStar account.
- After logging in, enter your zip code to see what stores are available for you to link your Store Loyalty cards to. (In our area there is Kroger, Ingles, Food Lion, Food City and CVS.)
- Look through the available eCoupons and click to activate the ones you want.
- After the eCoupons have been added to your account, whenever you use your loyalty card at checkout and purchase an item that you have an eCoupon for, your savings are automatically added to your SavingStar account! (Important- your grocery bill will stay the same).
- When your SavingStar account reaches $5, you can request a payout from a deposit into your bank or PayPal account or an Amazon gift card.
SavingStar usually posts coupons at the beginning of the month but sometimes they will add them as the month goes along. You can track your savings when you sign into your account and they will also send you an email when one of your coupons is redeemed. (It can take from 2 days to 2 weeks for you savings to post- and in rare cases 30 days. It will depend what store you use the coupon at and how quickly they are reporting purchases to SavingStar.)
So go look around and start loading your coupons!