Publix is almost here in Knoxville. This is great news for grocery budgets all over the city, whether you coupon or not! Before they open, take some time to get familiar with their coupon policy so your first shopping trip will go smoothly and you will save. You can read the Publix Coupon Policy here. Below are all the details, the wording in black bold text is theirs, anything else is an explanation from me. This is the best information I have gathered so far, if there are any updates, additions or changes I’ll let you know!
Coupons Publix Accepts:
Manufacturer’s coupons (Limit one per item). This is standard and no different from using coupons at any other store.
Publix coupons (originals only-no copies). Look at the end of the post for places to sign up for these.
Valid Internet coupons. Publix accepts printable coupons. In general, Publix does not accept printable coupons for a free item if the value is over $5.
Coupons from nearby competitors identified by each Publix store. (Competitor names are posted at each Publix store.)
We will accept a manufacturer’s coupon and either a Publix or a competitor coupon on the same item. This is commonly called coupon “stacking”. You can use (1) manufacturer coupon and (1) store coupon (either Publix or competitor) per item.
We will accept coupons from competing pharmacies for prescriptions only.
Coupon Acceptance Limitations/Exceptions:
We will not accept percent-off-items or percent-off-total-order coupons.
We will only accept coupons for identical merchandise we sell.
Dollars-off-total-order coupons will be limited to one Publix and one competitor coupon per order. The order total must be equal to or greater than the total purchase requirements indicated on the coupon(s) presented.
Acceptance is subject to any restrictions on the coupon.
We reserve the right to limit quantities.
Manager approval is needed for individual coupons above $5.00.
Pulbix Shopping Tips & Ways to Save:
1.For a buy-one-get-one free (B1G1) offer, each item is considered a separate sale. (Means you can use a coupon on each item). This also means you don’t have to buy two items to get the B1G1 price, each item will ring up half off.
2. Publix will double coupons that are $.50 or less. Doubling only applies to manufacturer’s coupons, not store or competitor coupons.
3.Publix does not accept expired coupons. The one exception to this is if you have rain check for an item and a coupon that was valid for the date the rain check was issued.
4.Publix will accept a competitor’s coupon for a private label item.
5.Publix sale ads will come out on Thursdays for Knoxville.
6. Wednesdays are senior citizen 5% discount days for customers 60 and older.
7.Publix has a weekly Mystery Penny Item. The Penny Item is for one day only, and will be the day that the ad starts (this is Thursday in the Knoxville area). You will get the Publix Penny item with any purchase that is $10 or more before coupons. You will need the penny item coupon found in your Wednesday (or Thursday) paper. (UPDATE-The Knoxville store will not be participating in this.)
8. Sign up for your Publix Magazines to get more Publix and manufacturer’s coupons-
- Publix GreenWise Market Magazine-Publix GreenWise Market magazine can help you—and your family—make smart, natural choices on everything from food, nutrition, and fitness to remedies and ideas for disease prevention.
- Publix FamilyStyle Magazine– Publix FamilyStyle® magazine, an upbeat, fresh, and fun magazine for parents. If you live in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, Alabama, or Tennessee, you can receive four FREE issues per year—in February, May, August, and November. Each issue is packed with the season’s best parenting insights, kid-friendly recipes, time-saving tips, safety news, fitness facts, and more to help your family thrive everywhere life takes you, from the breakfast table to the classroom to the soccer field and back home.
9. Check out the Publix Mobile Website- m.publix.com. You can check out the weekly ad and create a grocery list, then add and update products right from the ad; update quantities, make notes, and flag products with coupons. Then head to your nearest Publix and check off items on your list as you shop.
10.Publix iPhone App-Download the Publix iPhone app so you never miss the deals in our weekly ads. Plus find store hours and locations, along with Google map integration.