National Pretzel Day is Tuesday, April 26th, so Auntie Anne’s Pretzels is celebrating. Here are a few fun pretzel facts and how to get your FREE Auntie Anne’s Pretzel.
- Pretzels were born when an Italian monk rewarded his students with twisted dough resembling arms folded to pray. He called them “little rewards.”
- Former Pennsylvania Governor Ed Rendell declared April 26th as National Pretzel Day back in 2003.
- Freeport, Illinois is nicknamed “Pretzel City,” and the local high school team is called the Pretzels.
- “Auntie” Anne Beiler is real! Anne and her husband Jonas purchased a farmers market stand in Pennsylvania in 1988. They created a pretzel “better than the best you’ve ever tasted.”
- If you download the Auntie Anne’s “Pretzel Perks” app by Monday, April 25th at 11:59PM, guests can get a free Original or Cinnamon Sugar pretzel from Auntie Anne’s! And it gets even better—5 lucky guests will receive free pretzels for an entire year!